Without further ado, here are the slides I used, and here are the notes (I haven't done a lot of editing or formatting on the notes; the links below contain everything I talked about in a more comprehensive - and formatted - way).
If you're interested in learning more about this topic then check out the following articles:
- Should Documentation be in the Definition of Done?
- Factors that Determine if Documentation Should be in the Definition of Done
- The Unicorn at the Heart of Scrum
- What is Water-Scrum-Fall and is it inevitable?
- Why Aren't There More Multi-Functional Teams?
On a side note, the BRDC were having a benefit lunch/gala thing in the same conference centre we were, and this was parked outside:
It's an impressive machine in the flesh. And I saw Nigel Mansell in the corridor, which was pretty cool. He looks exactly the same as he did when he won the F1 championship 24 years ago (except for the 'tashe, which went a few years back.). Exactly the same. Either he's aged very well or he looked a lot older than his years when he was an F1 driver.
Anyway, Agile the Docs. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to attending the next one. If you've got questions or thoughts on the presentation use the comments below or tweet me @agiledoc.